Greensand Country Media Sharing
Charter Members are able to share and use photos and materials by agreeing to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License (CC BY 4.0).
All Greensand Country images/materials are made available under the CC BY 4.0 license. By uploading content you as the creator are placing your image material under this licence and consent to users attributing Greensand Country as the source.
This licence means as a charter member you are free to share and adapt our content in any medium or format, but must credit Greensand Country in their use.
How to credit / attribute
Creative Commons licences provide flexibility in how you provide credit. An attribution must be reasonable based on the medium, means and context.
You may not suggest Greensand Country or any content creator endorses you or your use of the material and you must indicate if you have modified the original work.
If you use an image or materials from the Greensand Country media library, you must credit Greensand Country and we recommend that you use these logo options to help us raise the profile of the area.
We offer the following examples of how you can easily attribute / credit use.
- Only upload content that you have created and respect the copyright of others. Do not upload photos, videos or any material that others have created, shared, or that you have copied or collected from around the Internet or other sources, including photo libraries. You must have created and have full rights to share any images and content you choose to upload and agree that other may use it.
- Don’t upload content that you don’t have permission to share. If your photo shows people in a way that means they could be easily identified (e.g. their faces clearly visible), then you must have their permission to share the image. This is especially important when sharing images that feature children or vulnerable adults.
- Moderate your content. All content on the Greensand Country website must be appropriate for promoting the area and suitable for viewing by the public.
- Don’t upload content that is illegal or prohibited – we’ll take appropriate action, which may include reporting you to the police and your account will be immediately deleted without notice.
- Don’t forget to include alt texts and titles. This will ensure other members understand the content within the photograph correctly and use it in the correct way within their marketing activities.
- No additional restrictions. You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- Link back to Greensand Country when you post content elsewhere. Sharing links to www.greensandcountry.com helps to build connections between individuals, businesses, and organisations within the Greensand Country community, and will help to further raise the profile of the Greensand Country website.
- Make the most of being a part of the Greensand Country Community. This is your community! Celebrate and help to promote the area, showcasing the things that you love most about it. Use your creativity to share your experiences of Greensand Country and help others to explore and seek out its hidden gems.
- I confirm that I have permissions to use and share the images uploaded and I am happy for you to use the images on your website or social media
- I confirm that the images will be added to the Greensand Country photo library so others can download and use the images or materials
- I confirm that I will use any downloaded materials appropriately within my marketing materials and on social media
- I confirm that I will give appropriate credit to Greensand Country and will use the Greensand Country logo and link to the website where possible